AP Furniture Co. provides this warranty (“Warranty”) for its products that have been purchased in Australia. This Warranty is subject to the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“Australian Consumer Law”). The benefits provided in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this Warranty relates. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale. The period of the Warranty will be:
(a) 1 year for upholstery frames (including sofas, daybeds, chaise, armchairs and recliners, and excluding occasional chairs, dining chairs and bar stools);
(b) 1 years for furniture (including upholstery furniture coverings, foam, finishing (stitching, glue, nails, tacks) and recliner mechanisms), pendant lights and any other product which AP Furniture Co. identifies in writing as attaching this Warranty; and
(c) 6 months for all other products.
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes.
Exclusions: Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, this Warranty does not apply to any products sold as seconds, showroom stock, repaired products, or products that have a defect where this has been drawn to the customer’s attention before the purchase of the product. In addition, this Warranty will not apply if:
(a) Repairs to a product are made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by AP Furniture Co..
(b) The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
(c) The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner for example if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure.
(d) The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories.
(e) The product is tampered with in any way.
(f) The product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian
Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure
and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You
are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to
be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To
the extent that they are compatible with the consumer laws in Australia, the
exclusions and provisos that apply to the AP Furniture Co. Warranty apply to
the consumer guarantees.
Consumer guarantee remedies: If there is a major failure with the product, the customer is entitled to:
(a) reject the product and get a refund;
(b) reject the product and get an identical replacement, or one similar in value if reasonably available; or
(c) keep the product and obtain compensation from AP Furniture Co. for the drop in value of the product caused by the major failure.
If there is a minor failure with the product, the customer is entitled, at the election of AP Furniture Co. to:
(a) a refund of the cost of the product;
(b) replacement of the product; or
(c) have the product repaired within a reasonable time.
Exclusion of implied warranties: Subject to the above, to the full extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and other terms express or implied by statute, custom or common law are excluded. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts any consumer guarantee, warranty, condition, right or remedy implied by any statute (including the Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, provided that, to the extent that the statute permits, AP Furniture Co. is entitled to limit its liability as set out above for a breach of a guarantee, condition or a warranty implied by that statute.
(a) Measurements are only approximate as as they are a real wood products and sizes may vary slightly. As wood is a natural product each shipment /container may vary but not limited to colour and sizing. Variations include but not limited to colour, cut of wood or stitching. Photos are only for illustration purposes and may slightly vary from true colour of product. You are looking at a handmade furniture item, please expect slight variations as one would not be totally identical to another.
(b) The inherent nature of timber and veneers mean that wood grain and colour may vary. Inconsistencies and imperfections should be expected and appreciated. Knots in the wood, wood filler may be used for some wood products.
(c) We use First and Seconds (FAS) grade American Timber. FAS boards are certified to be only the best cuts from the log, and are sourced exclusively from the USA and Canada. Our solid oak, elm and mango wood products are sourced from America, Europe and India. Some wood products could expand and contract and it is a natural occurrence of timber to split/crack. If this does happen, it can be easily repaired.
(d) Care instructions for rattan / cane – Dust with a soft dry cloth, wipe the cane seating with a moistened cotton cloth to prevent excessive drying, let air dry naturally. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight and heating and cooling sources, do not kneel or stand on the cane.
Instructions for All Wood Furniture
- Your wood furniture can be damaged by moisture and heat. We recommend always protecting your furniture by using trivets or coasters to prevent moisture from accumulating on the surface, which is called a “cloud.” Always be sure to wipe up moisture promptly with a soft, clean, and dry cloth.
- Wood will expand and contract with seasonal humidity changes, which may result in warping. Try to maintain consistent humidity levels to prevent your wood furniture from warping.
- Air and sunlight will change the color of natural wood over time. Occasionally rotate the items on your table to maintain a consistent color throughout its surface.
- Sharp objects can damage your table. Be sure to avoid dragging any sharp object across your solid wood surface. Protecting your table from sharp objects can easily be managed with the use of place mats, runners, coasters, and/or trivets.
- Wood care varies by finish technique. Be sure to care for your wood furniture according to its finish.
Lacquer, Paint, or Stain
- Use a soft damp cloth that is clean. Be sure to wipe dry.
- A table that has a lacquer, paint, or stain on the wood’s surface is susceptible to dents and scratches. The use of trivets, coasters, place mats, and felt pads are recommended to protect your furniture.
- A soft cloth and a solution of water and a mild detergent will help get rid of any persistent spots. Be sure to wipe gently and always wipe dry.
- Cleaning products containing alcohol, petroleum, or ammonia are not recommended.
- We do not recommend using a finish polish, as this can accumulate over time, leaving a residue.
Oil-and-Wax or Oiled
- Use a soft damp cloth that is clean. Be sure to wipe dry.
- Oil and wax finishes form a natural protective coating that acts as a repellent against most common substances and liquids, but is not a guarantee against harsh stains like coffee or wine. To prevent harsh stains from absorbing into the grain of the wood, always use coasters, trivets, or place mats.
- Treat your furniture twice a year with a natural wax or when the wood seems dry. Apply the wax with a clean white cloth and be sure to follow the direction of the wood grain. Using another cloth, buff the excess wax and reveal the smooth finish.
Rattan / Rope / Papercord
- Some natural colour variations may occur
- Natural alignment of weave may vary
- Inconsistencies, imperfections and colour variations should be expected and appreciated as with any natural handmade product.
- Avoid direct sunlight to avoid excessive fading and general damage, keep covered when not in use.
- Avoid extreme weather conditions, such as strong winds, hail, storms.
- Please clean regularly
- Small amounts of rattan can pull away from the frame; this is not covered under the warranty. Simply apply clear silicone to the frame, then wrap the rattan back onto the frame and hold in place
Photos / Images:
Product images are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Due to differences in monitors, colours of products may also appear different to those shown on the site.
(a) For our solid wood handmade products measurements are only approximate as as they are a real wood products and sizes may vary slightly. The inherent nature of timber and veneers mean that wood grain and colour may vary. Inconsistencies and imperfections should be expected and appreciated. Knots in the wood, wood filler may be used for some wood products.